Your funds are insured.
When you open an account at DPFCU, your money is insured up to $250,000 per individual depositor by the National Credit Union Administration. The NCUA exists for one purpose: to protect credit unions and the members who own them through effective supervision, regulation, and insurance.
The NCUA is a federal agency that ensures the safety and soundness of credit unions. This means that your deposits are protected by the federal government. No member of a federally insured credit union has ever lost a penny of insured deposits.
Other ways we protect your money:
Dubois-Pike Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit cooperative, owned by you and the other members using our services. This means:
- All decisions about the products and services offered are made in your best interests.
- We do not engage in risky practices to meet stockholders’ profit demands.
- Our cooperative, not-for-profit structure inherently holds us accountable to you and other members.
- We live and work in the communities we serve, taking local deposits and making local loans to build thriving communities.
- We are focused on the soundness of a traditional, relationship-based business model.
Do you have questions? Our team at the credit union is happy to help you review and determine how to maximize NCUA insurance protection for your money.